Our 1966 Mustang GT coupe was originally purchased from Coberly Ford. Now defunct, Coberly Ford was located in Los Angeles California. Opening in 1916, Coberly Ford is renown in automotive circles as being the first Ford dealership west of the Mississippi. On February 22, 1968 Coberly Ford was the first dealer to advertise availability of the GT/CS Mustang.
Our GT was built in San Jose, CA on March 31, 1966 and was purchased at Coberly Ford 7 days later by Charles H. Holt Jr. on April 7, 1966. Mr. Holt owned the GT for a short 6 months when he sold her to Norman & Marilyn Baumann in October 1966. The Baumann’s owned the car for over 41 years until we purchased her in November 2007.
The Emberglo Metallic paint is original, with the exception of the right rear quarter panel that was replaced in 1970. In 2014 she won the Sensational 60’s Award at the 25th Annual Kool April Nites. We couldn’t be more proud of our little coupe.